Evanescence Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen

2 posters

Go down

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Empty I Finally Met The Snow White Queen

Post  SnowWhiteQueen Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Tumblr_mbtxvyrIdQ1qd7i9z

I kind of having this fanatic adoration when it comes to musicians and pianist that I adore especially when it did something good on me for the past years dealing with teenage depressions and grief. But more of that, I am also a musician myself (pianist) and grew up musically so no wonder I was being inspired by her. I never thought that I will meet her after 9 years of waiting and I didn’t thought that they’d be back in the music industry after the 5 year hiatus following The Open Door album. I’ve never been so happy in my life until the day I met Amy Lee of Evanescence my idol that I long adore. Finally the band soon had a concert in Manila, Philippines dated way back FEB. 19 , 2012 in Smart Araneta Coliseum.

For you guys who don’t know me I am Liyah the Head Admin of Evanescence Philippines
https://www.facebook.com/#!/EvPhilippines.
We are the Filipino Fan Community of Evanescence. Our promoter Polyeast Records or known as EMI Philippines made an amazing job to help achieve EVPhilippines to create such a wonderful event including Amy Lee’s Meet and Greet Session in SM Megamall. EMI collaborated with our group to achieve the fans that they need and they made our dreams come true to watch them live, meet them face to face that we’ll never forget for the rest of our lives. At first, EVPhilippines wasn’t a fan club that the promoters thought we were. When we attended the conference agenda between EMI group and Evanescence Philippines at their office to talk about event meetings and Evanescence schedules, we soon told ourselves that “This is it! We have to grab it now! It was an amazing feeling for me to meet our local promoters of Evanescence way back Feb 5, 2012 who distributed the band’s album in the Philippines and in behalf of the fans who long waited for the album release that I was there and it was a huge honor. 3 of us were there and we all got free deluxes CD+DVD album of Evanescence.

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen 409054_337487602958609_1589102874_n
Wow! unexpected how could that be possible?!!

Moving on…..the scenario day of how we met the whole band face to face. 5 hours before the concert we went to the west gate, a very strict private entrance at the Araneta Coliseum including our two promoters (The National Sales Manager and The Marketing Manager) of EMI. We all gathered in a private room for just about 5 mins or so.  We waited and we put down our things at the table - the tarpaulin, the gifts, the silver pens to be use. We also helped opening covers of new albums for immediate signing and some small EV posters for other promoters who are not around with us……..And then…..our idols came in like we were dreaming!!

Amy Lee enters the room walking towards us was the most devastating feeling. The Snow White Queen was approaching and my whole body frozed I couldn’t say a single word! :shock:We already met her close in SM Megamall but quick and strict. But this, this was the finale! We couldn’t believe that we were there in the room with the rest of the band - Terry, Tim, Will, Troy and her husband Josh was also there, he’s cute and he’s a great guy. Beth Wilson wasn’t around in the room (Amy’s make up artist & stylist) but we all shaked hands with the tall guys and they all immediately signed the tarpaulin at the table. Amy’s not that taller than I thought, she’s like 5”4’ in height but she’s taller than I am. We all three introduced our selves and get to hugged her twice :Dand talked with her for more. I really don’t want to waste time so I really did the best I could even I’m feeling agitated. I said to her “Amy you’re incredibly beautiful” and she said “thank you” “i can’t believe I’m here with you right now and I’m feeling so nervous”. ”Oh don’t be nervous” she replied. We also asked her what happened when she posted a picture via Twitter covering her mouth that she called herself ‘Hygiene Ninja’ (way back from here
http://twitter.yfrog.com/keyt1upj )
She said that she got it from Taiwan…like she had a flu, a sore throat or something that she’s not yet fully recovered. We told her that it’s okay and she’ll do well at the concert. (She meant that she’s sick so no wonder that her voice was so tired when they played here in Manila behind their non-stop tour)

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Tumblr_mbtxykNdA81qd7i9z
So, moving on….I got a solo picture taken with her. Oh good heavens! I have my mobile phone in my pocket! I asked permission with her first If I could take a picture, and she said “Sure!” and it was so quick that I positioned my mobile camera so well, I didn’t even think that sakto lang ang kuha ko wow destined talaga that I could finally meet her. When I came home I uploaded my solo picture with Amy Lee in my facebook account. I remember way back in my teenage years, I twice had a dream in my sleep meeting her but now it came real and true. I just felt teary eyed about the past memory while staring at our picture. Oh God I am grateful to be in this club, I even got so many friends in EvPhilippines. Thank you Amy Lee for visiting The Philippines. We will never forget every inch of your existence in our country

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Tumblr_mbtxih9pjJ1qd7i9z
One thing I ever regretted about this? It’s because of my starstruck kind of feeling that I forgot to hand her my gifts WTF! :’( The 1st gift was a rectangular box of dried mangoes native in the Philippines that I bought in Kulturang Filipino shop. I really don’t know what to give her, so I thought Philippine products would be okay. I remember, when we got out of the private room, VJ Bianca of MYX came in to have a video shoot interview with the band. We left our gifts there because our manager friend said so that they would hand it to Amy after the interview. When the video aired on Myx Music Channel on the following day, Amy Lee was asked by VJ Bianca if she already tasted the mangoes in the Philippines! WTF in the back of my mind WHY THE HELL I FORGOT TO HAND IT OVER  MY GIFT IN THE FIRST PLACE before we left the room?  Mad  she could have said to her ”Oh I got dried mangoes from a fan a while ago” :’( Damn stupidity! MadWhen we met our manager friend outside the gate of the coliseum I asked him if Amy took my gift, he just said "yes I saw she took it right when they left the room" I just wonder if he's telling the truth though, so I keep tweeting Amy Lee no matter how hard to try

My 2nd gift was the Jeep ornament, I also bought this in Kulturang Filipino.
(jeep is the famous public utility vehicle in the Philippines)
I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Tumblr_mbtxjrpS5y1qd7i9z

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Tumblr_mbzy467Iaj1qd7i9z
This was our tarpaulin signed by Evanescence at approximately 4:35PM. This picture was originally posted in http://www.flickr.com/photos/evanescenceofficial/6918393305/in/photostream

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Tumblr_mbs8imcqL51qd7i9z
An unforgettable lifetime experience….picture fades but the memories will stay forever

CONCERT Pictures
I Finally Met The Snow White Queen 545609_10150871631373876_810688923_n
I Finally Met The Snow White Queen 431480_249586808464580_1475070354_n
I Finally Met The Snow White Queen 422797_236754259747835_439264118_n

SETLIST: (it wasn't the original setlist since Amy was sick during the Manila concert so they slashed 3 songs)
1. What You Want
2. Going Under
3. The Other Side
4. Weight of The World
5. Made of Stone
6. Lost in Paradise
7. My Heart is Broken
8. Lithium
9. Swimming Home
10. Sick
11. Call Me When You're Sober
12.  Imaginary
13. Bring Me To Life

Encore:
14. My Immortal

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Lithium2ux3
Anything is better than to be alone  

Last edited by SnowWhiteQueen on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 11 times in total
SnowWhiteQueen
SnowWhiteQueen
Admininistrator
Admininistrator

Back to top Go down

I Finally Met The Snow White Queen Empty Re: I Finally Met The Snow White Queen

Post  Gratzel Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:47 am

cheers thumbs up! a must read!
Gratzel
Gratzel

https://www.facebook.com/gratzel.gaming

Back to top Go down